Hillsborough County is located on the west central coast of Florida and has a population of approximately 1.278 million people, making it the fourth largest county in Florida in terms of population. Due to the large population of Hillsborough County there are more arrests in Hillsborough than in most counties. In 2012 there were 75,367 total arrests. Hillsborough County is home to the city of Tampa, which acts as the Hillsborough county seat with the main State courthouse residing at 800 Twiggs Street downtown. An annex State courthouse is located in Plant City at 301 N. Michigan Avenue which handles cases and criminal allegations occurring in the eastern part of the county. Finally the United States Courthouse for the Middle District of Florida is located at 801 N. Florida Avenue.How can we help in your criminal case?
For the last 7 years Jason Mayberry has been actively practicing criminal law in the Tampa area. Day after day Hillsborough County residents have called upon The Mayberry Law Firm to help them with their criminal charges. Why us? Glad you asked.
- We haven’t forgotten what it’s like for someone facing a criminal charge with no idea how the system works. So often attorneys forget that many of their clients know about as much about the law as we as attorneys know about brain surgery. That’s unfair. We’ll never talk down to you and we don’t believe in a “bad question” when one is concerned about their freedom. We’ll treat you with the utmost respect and will work tirelessly to counsel you through this process.
- We don’t nickel and dime our clients. We don’t charge for every stamp, envelope, and time your case enters our mind. We don’t have time for that and neither do you.
- We have an excellent relationship with our local prosecutors both at the State level and Federal level. We won’t sacrifice a thing in your case but a trusting work relationship is vital to get the best possible result for our clients.
- We try cases. Bottom line, if you don’t try cases everyone will know and that attorney won’t be as effective as one who does. We get better offers because the US Attorney’s Office and the local State Attorney’s Offices know we’ll make them prove their case.
- We don’t sugarcoat the facts. We’ll never simply tell you what you want to hear. That does no one any good. We’ll tell you how it is so that you are fully informed as to what you’re dealing with.
- We’re responsive. We answer our phone when we hear it ring. Simple as that. Call at 9PM? If we hear it we answer. Call at 5AM? If we hear it we answer. We pride ourselves as lawyers that are reachable.
- We genuinely care about you and we care about your case. Couple that with our unequaled hatred for losing and you’ll have us by your side throughout.
At The Mayberry Law Firm we handle both Federal and State criminal cases including wire fraud, mail fraud, tax fraud, money laundering, possession with the intent to distribute drugs, conspiracy, RICO act violations, arms trafficking, murder, DUI, Sex crimes, Grand Theft, Petit Theft, aggravated battery and many others.Will you have to go to court?
That depends. Though there are generally several pretrial hearings in a criminal case, primarily for State Court cases we will be able to have you execute a “waiver of appearance and authority to represent” form allowing us to appear on your behalf. Of course you have a right to attend all of your court dates though it can impact your job and life by having to account for them in your schedule. As for Federal criminal cases we will ask that you attend as that is generally the mandate of Federal judges.
The Judges who preside in the 13th Judicial Circuit for Hillsborough County can be found by clicking here to link the judicial directory.
The Judges who preside in the Middle District of Florida Federal Court for the Tampa division can be found here.
Our attorneys have experience in front of our local criminal judges in both the Federal and State court system.Why hire us?
Jason Mayberry was recently named a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” by the National Trial Lawyer’s Association and is rated a perfect 10 out of 10 by lawyer rating service AVVO.com. His dedication to his clients is recognized through his numerous perfect reviews on AVVO. Simply put, our firm is dedicated to you and your case and we’ll work tirelessly to get you the best result possible.