Plant City is in eastern Hillsborough County, Florida and acts as a branch location for Hillsborough County criminal cases to be heard. Generally, if one is arrested or issued a notice to appear east of Interstate 75 their case will be heard in the new Plant City courthouse located at 302 N. Michigan Avenue as opposed to the downtown Tampa courthouse. If you are arrested or cited in Plant City your courthouse information may likely be listed on the documents you receive, though our office is available to aid in any way we can. Plant City is not only home to the east county branch of the courthouse, it also houses a Hillsborough County Clerk of Court branch office located at 302 North Michigan Avenue in the courthouse building. Home to approximately 36,0000 Floridians, Plant City maintains its own police department that shares law enforcement duties in the area with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office who patrols areas generally outside of the city limits.How Can We Help With Your Criminal Chargee?
Jason Mayberry has been a Plant City criminal lawyer since he began practicing in Hillsborough County years ago. Our attorneys are Bay area residents just as you are. The fine individuals that share this great little city have hired our firm time and time again for quality legal representation in not only criminal matters but family law issues, traffic tickets, and have called upon us for help with injuries caused by the negligence of others. Why us? We appreciate your question.
- We know what we’re doing. We’ve been doing this for a while now and we understand that just because it seems simple to us, it’s very likely foreign to you. We’ll never make you feel inferior because you don’t necessarily know the legal system, nor will we ever tell you a question you have is a bad one. The court system is an intimidating place. So much so, that some lawyers don’t even go to court. It’s ok to be scared. We’ll handle things for you so that you won’t have to feel that intimidation. Not only will we do everything we can to get you the best possible result on your case, we’ll do all we can to ease your mind in the process. You deserve a great lawyer and one who can help you through this emotional time.
- Our fees are flat, simple as that. We don’t pinch your pennies and charge you for our every thought on your case. We’ll tell you up front what we believe a fair fee is for your matter. If you like our candid approach, hire us. If you don’t, perhaps there’s another attorney that is a better fit. Trust and comfort is absolutely vital in this process.
- We aren’t dinosaurs. We know those involved in the system. We’re working within the system every day. We know many of those people in and out of Court. Just as a considerable amount of business is done on the golf course, a considerable amount of legal negotiation is done outside of an office setting. Like it or not, it never hurts to have a trust filled relationship with a United States Attorney or State Attorney to get the best possible result for a client.
- We go to trial. That’s why we wanted to do this job in the first place. The US Attorney’s Office knows that, the State Attorney’s Office knows that. If we didn’t do that we wouldn’t be able to get the deals for our clients that we do.
- We tell you the truth and not simply what one facing a criminal charge wants to hear just to keep the meeting comfortable. What good does that do? You deserve the truth and we’ll give it to you. What good is a Plant City criminal lawyer that builds a house of cards only to watch it crumble around his client?
- Need us? Call us on our cell. You may not know it but you already have it. Use it.
- We hate to lose. It really doesn’t matter what we’re doing, we hate to lose. This carries over into our work as criminal defense attorneys. We love our clients but we really can’t stand to lose in court. Is it a bit selfish? Call it what you want but would you want it any other way? Who wants an indifferent criminal lawyer?
Our criminal defense firm handles Federal and State criminal charges including tax fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, money laundering under 1957, money laundering under 1956, possession with the intent to distribute drugs, all conspiracy allegations, RICO violations, arms, trafficking, murder, DUI, sexual assault, lewd and lascivious acts, theft crimes, aggravated assault and battery, domestic violence and many others.Will You Have to Go to Court?
Generally this depends on the Judge but for the most part if your criminal case is heard in Plant City, we will very likely be able to waive your appearance but for crucial hearings such as pretrial motions, trial, and entry of a plea. That said, this issue will depend on the Judge and their specific requirements. Regardless of the Judge’s policy, we will have you sign a “waiver of appearance and authority to represent” form that allows us to appear for you in most cases. If the judge on your case won’t accept this waiver you’ll have to accompany us to your Court dates. That said, of course it’s your right to attend all court dates should you want to join us. For Federal criminal cases our firm policy is to have our clients attend each and every Court date. Regardless of where you’re arrested on a Federal charge your case will be heard at the Federal Courthouse in downtown Tampa and you will be required to attend each court hearing.
Our Judges presiding in the 13th Judicial Circuit in Tampa are found here.
Our Judges presiding in the Middle District of Florida Federal Court for the Tampa division are here.Why Hire Us?
Jason Mayberry was recently named “Super Lawyers” Rising Star in addition to being named a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” as nominated by the National Trial Lawyer’s Association. Jason Mayberry enjoys a perfect 10 out of 10 rating on legal ranking service AVVO.com Jason Mayberry is a client’s choice for Federal Crime issues and actively practices in both Federal and State court in the Tampa Bay area. Our past clients’ opinions speak for us on Google reviews and Avvo.com. Please check them out!