Tampa is the county seat of Hillsborough County. Given that Tampa is the largest city in Hillsborough County, the majority of Hillsborough County’s lawsuits and criminal charges are hosted at 800 Twiggs Street at the George Edgecomb Courthouse downtown. Due to the large population of Tampa, the Edgecomb Courthouse is one of the busiest courthouses in Florida. In following with that trend, Tampa is home to two county jails, one located at 1201 Orient Road and on at 520 Falkenburg Road, housing those sentenced to county jail time and those individuals who are awaiting trial. In spite of the sheer size of the Edgecomb Courthouse, some cases originating in the eastern portion of Hillsborough County are heard in the Plant City Courthouse.How Can We Help In Your Criminal Case?
Jason Mayberry has been actively practicing criminal law in the Tampa area for his entire career. This is home. The good people of Tampa have consistently chosen our firm to represent them in their criminal matters since our inception and we are continually flattered by their trust. Why us? Thanks for asking.
- We know that you don’t know what we do. Just as we don’t know anything about surgery, it makes sense that our clients would be unfamiliar with the legal process. This process is scary and it’s ok to be scared. That’s why you hire us. We will do everything in our power to compassionately get you through this process, working to get the best result possible.
- Our legal fees are clearly explained up front. You’ll never receive a bill from us demanding $347 for paper clip use and to compensate us for thinking about your case on our drive to work.
- We know people. Our attorneys have a great working relationship with our local prosecutors both at the State level and Federal level. Make no mistake, we’ll fight to the end for our clients. However, it never hurts to have a trusting relationship to facilitate a deal that will help our client move on with their life.
- We try cases. Attorneys that don’t, don’t get the best deals for their clients. End of story.
- We won’t tell you what you want to hear. You may get mad but you’ll always hear the truth. What good is a lawyer that blows a bunch of smoke all the while setting their client up for a broken heart?
- You can get ahold of us. Call us, text us, email us, pen a letter or send a smoke signal. We’ll answer when we can and if we can’t we’ll respond within 24 hours and generally within 8.
- Not only do we want to win for you, we hate to lose. Think about that. It’s one thing to have an attorney that wants to do well for their client. It’s another to have an attorney that not only wants to get their client the best result but literally hates losing. Competition breeds success.
At The Mayberry Law Firm we handle both Federal and State criminal cases including tax fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, money laundering under 1956, money laundering under 1957, possession with the intent to distribute drugs, conspiracy, RICO act violations, arms trafficking, murder, DUI, sexual battery, lewd and lascivious acts, grand theft, petit theft, aggravated assault, domestic violence and many others.Will You Have To Go To Court?
Maybe. Primarily for State Court cases we will be able to have you execute a “waiver of appearance and authority to represent” form allowing us to appear on your behalf. Some judges won’t accept this and in front of them you’ll have to appear unfortunately. Of course it’s your right to attend all your court dates and we invite you to do so if you want. Federal criminal cases generally require your appearance when out on a bond and we don’t recommend violating that order. We’ll ask you to come with us to those.
The Judges who preside in the 13th Judicial Circuit in Tampa are here.
The Judges who preside in the Middle District of Florida Federal Court for the Tampa division are here.Why Hire Us?
Jason Mayberry is a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” as nominated by the National Trial Lawyer’s Association and is rated a perfect 10 out of 10 by lawyer rating service AVVO.com. He is a client’s choice for Federal Crime and actively practices in both Federal and State court. Our past clients opinions speak for us on Google reviews and Avvo.com.