Tampa is the county seat of Hillsborough County. Given that Tampa is the largest city in Hillsborough County, the majority of Hillsborough County’s lawsuits and criminal charges are hosted at 800 Twiggs Street at the George Edgecomb Courthouse downtown. Due to the large population of Tampa, the Edgecomb Courthouse is one of the busiest courthouses in Florida. In following with that trend, Tampa is home to two county jails, one located at 1201 Orient Road and on at 520 Falkenburg Road, housing those sentenced to county jail time and those individuals who are awaiting trial. Despite the sheer size of the Edgecomb Courthouse, some cases originating in the eastern portion of Hillsborough County are heard in the Plant City Courthouse.How Can We Help in Your Criminal Case?
Jason Mayberry has been actively practicing criminal law in the Tampa area for his entire career. This is home. The good people of Tampa have consistently chosen our firm to represent them in their criminal matters since our inception and we are continually flattered by their trust. Why us? Thanks for asking.
- We know that you don’t know what we do. Just as we don’t know anything about surgery, it makes sense that our clients would be unfamiliar with the legal process. This process is scary and it’s ok to be scared. That’s why you hire us. We will do everything in our power to compassionately get you through this process, working to get the best result possible.
- Our legal fees are clearly explained up front. You’ll never receive a bill from us demanding $347 for paper clip use and to compensate us for thinking about your case on our drive to work.
- We know people. Our attorneys have a great working relationship with our local prosecutors both at the State level and Federal level. Make no mistake, we’ll fight to the end for our clients. However, it never hurts to have a trusting relationship to facilitate a deal that will help our client move on with their life.
- We try cases. Attorneys that don’t, don’t get the best deals for their clients. End of story.
- We won’t tell you what you want to hear. You may get frustrated, but you will always hear the truth. What good is a lawyer that blows a bunch of smoke all the while setting their client up for a broken heart? Sugar coating has no place in the criminal justice system.
- You can get ahold of us. Call us, email us, pen a letter, or send a smoke signal. We will answer when we can and if we can’t, we will respond within 24 hours and generally within 8.
- Not only do we want to win for you, but we also hate to lose. Think about that. It’s one thing to have an attorney that wants to do well for their client. It’s another to have an attorney that not only wants to get their client the best result but literally hates losing. Competition breeds success.
At The Mayberry Law Firm we handle both Federal and State criminal cases including tax fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, money laundering under § 1956, money laundering under § 1957, conspiracy, RICO act violations, arms trafficking, possession with the intent to distribute drugs, murder, sexual battery, lewd and lascivious acts, DUI, grand theft, petit theft, aggravated assault, domestic violence and many other criminal violations.Will You Have to Go to Court?
There is a possibility of required court appearances. Primarily in State Court, we will be able to have you execute a form for a “waiver of appearances and authority to represent” on your behalf. Some judges may not accept this waiver and will require you to appear in front of them; and regardless of the option, it is your right to attend all court dates involving your case, which our firm invites you to do so. In contrast, Federal criminal cases generally require your appearance when you are out on bond, and we don’t recommend violating that order. Our firm will ask you to come with us to all those appearances.Who Are Our Hillsborough County Judges?
The Judges who preside in the 13th Judicial Circuit in Tampa are here.
The Judges who preside in the Middle District of Florida Federal Court for the Tampa division are here.Who Is my Judge?
While judges rotate from division to division within the criminal court system, so too do they rotate from civil divisions to criminal divisions. The easiest way to find your judge is to look your case up on the clerk of court, using your name. Once you find your case, click on “summary” to find the judge presiding. Note that you may have a preliminary presentation court judge initially and once your case is placed within a division you will be assigned a presiding judge.Why Hire Us?
Jason Mayberry is an experienced criminal attorney who has been nominated as a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” by the National Trial Lawyers Association. Jason Mayberry is rated a perfect 10 out of 10 by the lawyer rating service AVVO. He is a client’s choice for Federal Crime cases and actively practices in both Federal and State court. Our past clients’ opinions speak for us on Avvo.com. See for yourself by reviewing google reviews and other review boards.